Blog Archives

STAG Steering Group meeting notes – 6th October 2020

1. Update on the Joint Investigations Process 1.1 This needs clarity from Amey and SCC on timelines and plans for the four sub-categories within the 309 CIP trees.  1.2 The four sub-categories of trees are:   a. Trees that SCC

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting notes 1st September 2020

1. Joint Investigations 1.1 At the last Steering Group meeting on 11th August there was a discussion about the need to push SCC to deal with the trees already investigated in order to formally announce the ones we know are saved

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group notes: 7th July 2020

1. Joint Investigations 1.1 No progress since last month. 1.2 Paul S offered to contact Karen Ramsey in SCC, who works for Mick Crofts, to see if he could get her to prompt Mick. 2. Street Tree Strategy Meeting 2.1 Paul S

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Future: Inaugural Meeting: 19th August 2020

Present: Shelley C, Russell J, Helen K, Heather R, Valentina B, Mark, Carol C, Joy B, Richard W, Nicola G, Christine K, Ruth H, Marika P, Justin B 31 people expressed interest so turnout good. Valentina is here as an

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group notes: 11th August 2020

1. Joint Investigations 1.1 After prompting to Karen in SCC, Joint Investigations of the remaining threatened trees yet to be investigated has finally re-started two weeks ago. 1.2 They’ve been focused in the Meersbrook area so far, on Meersbrook Park

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group notes: 2nd June 2020

1. Street Tree Strategy Implementation Group Update 1.1 Christine and Paul S gave an update on progress. 1.2 Paul S updated about the additional planting of trees in Nether Edge application. 40 locations have been suggested to Amey, and 20 have

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group notes: 5th May 2020

1. Facebook Page Moderation 1.1 Mods are putting posts on approval overnight or if nobody is available. Traffic is low currently, apart from some pictures of primulas! 2. Meeting with Cllr Mark Jones 2.1 Christine explained that the non-street tree

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group notes: 7 April 2020

1. Amey continuing to work during the “lockdown” 1.1 Concerns were expressed about Amey continuing to do various non-essential work during the “lockdown” period. This includes working practices that allow for no social distancing, two people in the same van, etc.

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group notes: 3 March 2020

1. Tree Huggers Celebration event.1.1 In total around £350 to £400 was raised from the Pizza company, donations on the night, and sales of merchandise.2. Street Tree Strategy.2.1 Paul S gave an update. The draft document will be published next

Tagged with: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 4th February 2020

1. Joint Investigations 1.1 Restarted this week. A new team is working on Kenwood Road and seem to be doing a good job. Pace is slow, roughly two trees a day, only non-threatened trees so far. 1.2 Likely to take a

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings, News

STAG Steering Group meeting: 7th January 2020

Actions from Last meeting  There has been a submission of a letter of interest to the lottery climate fund and there has not yet been a response. There is a petition for the trees on Abbeydale Road started by a resident

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 3 December 2019

1. Matters arising 1.1 TPO – Paul passed round a brief note that will form the basis of this ongoing work.1.2 Loan to Sarah Deakin for merchandise approved. 2. Pro Active Legal Work 2.1 Paul S updated on this. 3.

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 5 November 2019

1. Tree Disease Conference 1.1 Caroline Millman met with Ian Rotherham to discuss ideas. He agreed he would be willing to help STAG organise the conference. 1.2 The exact nature of the conference remains to be decided but main priorities are

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 1 October 2019

1. Treasurers Update 1.1Chris Rust, STAG Treasurer, attended the full Steering Group meeting, and provided a verbal financial update. All supporters loans have now been repaid. 2. Merchandise Sales and Documentary film funding. 2.1 There was a long discussion about the

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 3 September 2019

1. Matters Arising 1.1 Paul B approved payment to Jaq Pixelwitch for her film about the campaign. 1.2 Rebecca/Paul B still looking at framework complaint letters for people to use. 2. Tree Review with SCC/Amey 2.1 Hugh, Paul B, Heather,

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings, News

STAG Steering Group meeting: 13 August 2019

1. Heritage Walks 1.1 Paul Brooke updated members on the request/invite to STAG from Sheffield Heritage Week to organise tree/protest related walks. 1.2 Paul S and Jim Clarke will be leading a number of walks during that week, mainly in

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 4 June 2019

1. Actions from the last STAG Steering Group meeting 1.1 Paul Brooke had followed up with Dave Dillner about whether STAG had been set up as a Woodland Trust Charter branch. 1.2 Dave confirmed it had been, in his name,

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 7 May 2019

1. Matters arising 1.1 Disease issues – Paul B has contacted Dr Wilson. There is no easy route to a decision on whether to fell an individual tree with phytophthora. A discussion is needed on the technicalities in each case.

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 2 April 2019

1. Update about 3rd Party Fellings 1.1 At the previous STAG Steering Group meeting, there had been a lengthy discussion about 3rd party reasons for felling. Specifically, about the reasonable process relating to Insurance claims against street trees from residents

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings

STAG Steering Group meeting: 5 March 2019

1. Update on Inspections and recent conversations with Amey and SCC 1.1 Broadly positive feedback on new approach as all the Facebook updates etc show. 1.2 Amey drawing up recommendations to go to SCC. Most reports recommending to SCC that

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Minutes from official meetings
Crowdfunder: street trees legal fund

We are currently collecting to support the small number of campaigners who are facing court costs after cases brought by Sheffield City Council.

Heartwood TiCL trail

Walk the Heartwood Trail and find Robert Macfarlane’s beautiful charms against harm hung from some of Sheffield’s threatened Street Trees. Designed by Jackie Morris.